Now that Yodlee bank feeds have stopped working we need to download AIB statements manually to import them into Xero.
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2019/09/aib-logo.png 426 426 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2019-09-23 08:44:532019-09-23 08:59:56Download bank export from AIB IBB
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png 0 0 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2018-02-08 10:01:192019-05-29 13:50:24How to export transactions from Stripe
1. Go to https://dashboard.stripe.com
2. Click on payments on the left
3.Click export on the right
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/download-300x93.png 93 300 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2017-10-12 09:18:042018-02-12 12:03:52Cliniko and Xero Integration
Cliniko: More than just an online diary
Cliniko: More than just an online diary
Cliniko is a cost-effective practice management solution that allows healthcare practitioners to:
- Manage schedules: Cliniko makes it easy to access and change your schedules, create and modify patient bookings, track waitlists and even manage group appointments. It also allows users to manage multiple locations and monitor patient recalls. With its smart appointment reminders feature, Cliniko makes sure that you’ll never forget an appointment again.
- Facilitate online patient bookings: This allows clinics and other healthcare institutions to accept patient bookings 24/7. What’s more, all new bookings are automatically reflected in the appointment calendar, ensuring that no bookings are missed.
- Store and access treatment notes: Cliniko makes the creation, storage and access of treatment notes as easy as 1-2-3, with its configurable templates, user-friendly search features and secure storage system.
- Draft and send correspondence: Writing and sending emails and letters has never been easier with Cliniko’s quick email and print options.
- Create insightful reports: With its appointment and transaction report templates, Cliniko makes report-writing a breeze. It also allows users to fully customise their reports, and create new types based on the user’s needs and preferences.
- Cliniko and Xero integration: The key to quick and easy accounts management
- Cliniko’s integration with Xero, an online accounting software especially designed for small businesses, makes it easy for medical practitioners to
- Keep track of accounts anytime, anywhere: Because both Cliniko and Xero are completely web-based, users are able to stay on top of their accounts from any device, anywhere, at any time.
- Invoice and receive payments as quickly as possible: The online invoicing feature means that users can create and send invoices to patients as soon as possible and gives updates whenever the receipts are opened.
- Monitor expenses: Xero makes it easy for Cliniko users to import, categorise, and reconcile transactions. This means that users can quickly keep track of all expenses, without having to dig through hundreds of files.
- Integrating Cliniko and Xero takes less than a minute, but if you have questions or simply wish to learn more about the integration process, make sure to check out Do My Books, a Xero-certified advisor that can walk you through the entire integration process. Make the transition process easy and hassle-free by contacting Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org.
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xero-there-was-a-problem-importing-the-file-300x106-1.png 106 300 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2013-07-23 09:25:442018-02-13 07:07:25Xero - There was a problem importing the file
Unfortunately in Ireland we don’t have many banks supporting feeds into Xero so must import the files manually as CSV.
If you are importing a bank statement into Xero as a CSV file and get
the error “There was a problem importing the file” I have found that changing the format of the date into DD/MM/YY in your CSV file in excel can fix the error.
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png 0 0 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2013-07-22 13:43:462013-07-22 13:43:466 ways online accounting saves you money
We have been providing online accounting services for a few years now and we love it. Over that period our clients have been delighted to notice that as well as getting real time access to their financial information they are also saving money. We’ve listed the reasons below:
- Online accounting is free to upgrade: If you use a desktop solution you will often be required to pay for upgrades.
- No server costs: Unlike desktop software, online accounting run’s on the vendor’s server so you save the cost of running and maintaining your own server.
- Reduced accounting costs : As accountants we spend a lot less time working on our online accounting clients tax returns compared to traditional clients , their books and records are generally cleaner and far easier to access. Our time savings are passed onto our clients in the form of reduced accounting costs.
- Back up costs: As online accounting is backed up for free our clients don’t have to subscribe to a separate back up plan for their accounting software
- Reduced data entry / book keeping cost: If you use traditional accounting software you will have to spend time entering bank transactions into the software, With Xero online accounting we can import your bank statements saving costs.
- Improved cost control: As our clients have real time access to their finances on any internet enabled device they can review business costs as they occur allowing them to control spending before it gets out of control
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/Xero-there-was-a-problem-importing-the-file-300x106-1.png 106 300 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2013-06-16 08:11:592018-02-13 07:05:10Xero Accounts - Bank Reconciliation button disappeared
If your using Xero and you notice that the bank reconciliation button has disappeared this simply means that all transactions have been reconciled.
If you feel the need to double check this you can click manage on the account click reconcile there
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/copy.png 173 407 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2013-04-29 09:49:582018-02-13 07:03:16How to save time when invoicing with Xero online accounts
One of the great things about using an online accounting package like Xero is the time you can save. There’s still certain points in everyones business where manual data entry is required. One of these points is raising sales invoices.
- Use the copy function– A lot of small businesses issue the same or similar invoice every month. By using the copy function data entry time can be saved.
- Use inventory items– If you consistently sell the same items, for example a days consultancy, You can set this as an inventory item which saves choosing the account code price and tax rate every time your rasing an invoice
- Recurring invoices– This are my personal choice, If you are invoicing the same client over a fixed period you can set Xero to automatically raise the invoice and either save it as a draft or post it to the sales ledger and email directly to the client. If you combine recurring invoices with auto bank feeds you will ‘almost’ have automated accounting with minimal human input
- Integrations– There’s now a large number of online packages which integrate into xero, Some of these like workflowmax can record time , raise invoices, and integrate these invoices directly into Xero saving data entry between packages. If you use a software package not currently integrated into Xero you could have a bespoke integration made into Xero’s api
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/quickbooks.png 329 543 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2011-06-17 17:26:282018-02-12 12:28:47Import Quickbooks data into Xero
If you are currently using Quickbooks or another desktop software package and would like to import your data into Xero we can help. With our partners we have developed a script which will convert your data into a file which can be easily imported into Xero. This process can save your business time and money whilst minimizing the disruption of changing software packages.
To get a personalised quote please fill in your details below
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/AIB-to-Xero-Bank-Feeds-Google-Chrome_2011-06-15_19-32-16.png 539 948 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2011-06-15 18:35:492018-02-12 12:37:54Tool to convert AIB .csv file for Xero importation
One of my clients has grown impatient of waiting for Yodlee to set up bank feeds for his AIB business account; So he has developed his own tool to convert .csv files downloaded from AIB’s business banking into .csv files which can be uploaded into Xero.
The tool is available at http://xero.kro.ie/ if you would like .csv files from another bank to work on the tool please feel free to send an example of the file to email@example.com and I will convince him to set it up. (PLEASE change personal data on the .csv file before sending it into us)
https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png 0 0 admin https://www.domybooks.ie/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/logo.png admin2011-02-12 17:09:292011-02-12 17:09:29Xero offline for next release
I’ve been very lazy with blogging over the last few weeks for a variety of reasons but I will now make an effort again.
Firstly Xero is going to be offline tomorrow 13/02/2011 Irish Time 16:00 for two hours.
Secondly I am considering running a small business one day boot camp with some other trainers anyone interested please email me on firstname.lastname@example.org