Shoeboxed is integrated with Xero Accounting Software to simplify entry of your paper receipts into Xero accounts payable. Just collect your receipts, mail them to Shoeboxed to be scanned and data-entered, and then export them to Xero for easy payables.
Xero is an easy to use but powerful online accounting system that’s designed specifically for small businesses.
- Xero provides a view of financial information in real-time. There’s no need to buy expensive software and install upgrades. Xero is available on your PC or Mac in the office, at home or on popular mobile devices – anywhere, anytime.
- Xero automatically imports your bank statements daily so you can keep abreast of your cashflow. Xero has a full suite of accounting features such as invoicing, payables, expense claims, BAS, tax returns, reporting and much more.
- The beauty of Xero is you can invite a number of trusted people such as your accountants, to collaborate online, eliminating cumbersome transfer of data that can be corrupted or is out-of-date.
- To find out more go to www.xero.com where you can try Xero for free.
How to use Shoeboxed with Xero:
- Click the “Export” link in the left-hand sidebar of Shoeboxed.
Select which receipts you would like to export from “Receipts to Export.”
Select “MYOB (Works with Xero)” from “Choose Your File Type”. You will then be prompted to enter your Allocation Account # – this is not used for Xero, so you can leave it blank.
Select Export Receipts and you will download a ZIP file. Extract RECEIPTS.TXT from the ZIP file.
Select IMPORT from Accounts Payable in Xero
Select “MYOB Service Purchases Format” from the Import dialog